Join our Team
We are currently recruiting for an Event Manager.
Job Description – Event Manager
Bright Vision Events is a conference and events company based in the Midlands and has been established for over 30 years. Having seen a healthy growth in business over the last 3 years the company’s strategy is for further growth by increasing its client base and by continuing to develop the range of products and services it offers. The company’s expansion is primarily due to its high level of repeat business, the development of creative new products and services and its continued ability to delivering high quality events.
Bright Vision Events is a full member of both the HBAA and EVCOM associations.
The company currently specialises in a wide range of conference and event services to the corporate market to include; conference production, team building, evening entertainment, event theming, venue finding, exhibition support, and other event associated services.
The event manager will be based at the company’s offices in Warwickshire as part of the events team and will be required to quickly get a full understanding of the company’s key products and services.
The primary role will be an operational one working in the team building and evening entertainment side of the business. The role encompasses delivering events as part of a team working through the whole event process from initial enquiry, proposal creation, client liaison throughout the planning process, leading to the delivery of a successful event to exceed our client’s expectations. Subsequently carrying out a follow up process to secure future business.
A key part of this role will be to deliver and lead team building workshop programmes to clients from the portfolio of our events, along with the future development of new team building products. Confidence in dealing with large groups in a leadership capacity will be essential.
Primary Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Event preparation. To prepare events and to liaise with clients, agents & venues in respect of the event’s logistics.
- Event delivery. To learn to plan and deliver events independently. This will include briefing delegates and ultimately leading the event team when onsite.
- Event costs. To understand the costing process for an event and work closely with the event team to deliver profitable events.
- Sales. To liaise with the Sales Executive on a regular basis to understand the sales functions and the implementation of the HubSpot CRM system. To explore new sales opportunities that arise through account management and delivery of events.
- Reporting. To understand the company’s reporting processes and to contribute to the production of various reports.
- Communication. To work closely with the events team to fully understand and maximise opportunities arising from new clients, enquiries and other business opportunities.
- Business targets. To identify and work to realistic targets for both short and long-term strategies for business growth.
- Creative. Help identify potential new markets and assist in designing new team building and evening entertainment products.
- Meetings. To make appointments and attend meetings at client offices and other locations as required.
- Achieve sales conversions. In line with the company’s budget, achieve personal targets according to the business mix, product and source.
Key Skills and Experience
We are looking for:
- A self-starter, with initiative to make decisions and deliver the required outcomes.
- Experience in the event or hospitality industry – preferable but not essential – with the ability to understand how companies operate in this sector.
- Proven success in previous businesses that indicate that the candidate can make a valued contribution to the running and growth of the business.
- A team-player, keen to contribute, share learning and learn from others.
- Organisational and prioritisation skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong grasp of all Microsoft Office applications, and the ability to learn new tasks quickly and accurately.
- Experience of public speaking – preferable but not essential – and / or the ability to undertake briefing & presentations in an event management capacity, and the ability to professionally manage all subcontractors engaged on the event.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are important.
Interested? Please Contact Us
If you have the right skills and experience, we would love to hear from you.
In the first instance, please email your CV and covering letter to Ben Hull, Technical Director at: email@example.com.
Sorry, but no Recruitment consultants or agencies please.