Conference and Exhibition Production and Management
Applied Systems needed a conference production company to provide complete support, including all audio visual services, for their flagship Applied Net Client Networking Conference UK. Our production work focused on the main plenary room and the supporting syndicate rooms. The brief extended to include the design, build and management of their exhibition stand for the supplier exhibition zone.
The Client was Delighted with our Work
Applied Systems are the leading global provider of cloud based insurance software that powers the business of insurance. The event was held in the Kings Suite of the Hilton Birmingham Metropole on 4th & 5th October 2016 for 150 of the most important independent insurance brokers in the UK.
It was vital that everything went smoothly.
It was a Busy and Complex Production
Most of all with conference production, everything rests on the preparation and planning, to ensure that all goes smoothly. First of all, the key elements of the build comprised:
- On-site time. We were on-site for 3 days (2 days preparing and 1 day building) with a team of 8 technicians for the whole event. We needed 4 additional crew for the set-up and de-rig, plus 6 set and stage/exhibition stand builders.
- The main plenary room. This consisted of a bespoke set and stage housing a massive 16:9 screen. It featured giant hexagonal 3D blocks, which matched the conference logo. The screen displayed in high definition from 20k projectors.
There is no substitute for State of the Art AV and Communications
As an experienced conference production company, we know that show piece conferences such as this one demand the very best in technology and creativity.
- The AV material flew from rigging in the ceiling, which consisted of 16 moving lights and 24 generic lights. All up-lighting on the set and room-edging was LED and wireless. We included a 10 speaker PA with additional sub speakers controlled through a digital 24 channel desk. The presenters had a combination of presenter aids including prompt screens, comfort monitors and timing screens.
- Show delivery. We delivered the show with a show caller. Therefore, all technicians followed the show book via a wired communications system.
- Super fast internet. The show also required a dedicated super fast internet connection as a number of the presentations involved live demonstrations from the website. We fitted all conference rooms with bespoke ‘phone line solutions to ensure trouble free operation.
In addition we provided support for four syndicate rooms, where smaller sets were made. All of these required PA systems and also full technical support.
We also Created an Additional Exhibition Zone
The conference also contained various exhibition slots where delegates could interact with suppliers in an exhibition zone. The client contracted us to produce a slick yet subtle stand to complete their presence in the exhibition zone.
Our solution was a 6m x 3m stand, which we wrapped in high definition prints to create an impactful visual. As a result, it delivered incredibly high quality visuals, downlit with powerful LED white lights. Finally, the stand had its own private WiFi network and contained 2 x 46” LED screens with laptops and an additional iPad station.