The senior event manager will be based at the company’s offices in Warwickshire. They will be a leading member of the operational team and will be required to quickly develop a full understanding of the company’s key products and services.
The role is for an ‘end-to-end’ events position. We are looking for someone who can take control of an event from the booking and planning stage all the way through to delivery and post-event follow-up. Understanding accounts and account management is a crucial element of this role.
You will need confidence and experience in public speaking as this role will require the individual to host, brief and lead events. You will be expected to manage the onsite team and ensure the successful delivery of the experience for our clients.
In addition, you will need to have excellent time, resource and stakeholder management skills. The role requires close attention to detail, excellent communication skills and a confident and outgoing personality. Attendance at both live and virtual events will be expected to ensure successful event delivery.
Primary Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Prepare events and liaise with clients, agents and venues about the event logistics.
- Host, deliver and manage events onsite, ensuring a successful experience for participants.
- Understand the costing process and work closely with the event team to deliver profitable events.
- Drive new sales opportunities, through repeat business and through good account management, creating multi-event accounts.
- Help identify potential new markets and assist in designing new team building and evening entertainment products.
- Make appointments and attend client meetings, developing client relationships as part of account management.
Key Skills and Experience
- A self-motivated individual, with the initiative to make decisions and deliver the required outcomes.
- Experience in the event or hospitality industry (5+ years) is essential, with a minimum of 2 years experience in hosting and delivering events.
- A team-player, keen to contribute, share learning and learn from others with a flexible working attitude.
- Experience in public speaking is essential, along with the ability to undertake briefings and presentations in an event management capacity and to professionally manage all subcontractors employed on the event.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload, and to work under pressure while meeting tight deadlines
- Highly enthusiastic and motivated approach to work.
- An outgoing and approachable personality.
- Full UK driving licence.
- The flexibility to work away on live events.
- Willingness to undertake physical work during set up and breakdown of events and loading and unloading of vans.
If you have the right skills and experience for this Event Management Executive role, we would love to hear from you. In the first instance, please email your CV and cover letter to Ben Hull, Managing Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Sorry, but no Recruitment consultants or agencies please.